Thursday, March 17, 2011

Constantly Learning

Yesterday was a major learning experience for me. All that I teach/preach to others, I was faced with! From people talking about you, to people doing minute things that we let send us off the deep end!

I know that there will be times when I get angry, and last night was one of them, but it is how you deal with that anger that really afects those close to you. I was angry yesterday because of a huge stress load. When confronted by several issues, I became overwhelemed with anger, stress, and a cornicopia of emotions!

I have a beautiful young lady in my corner and that loves me very much and I recognized how she was helpful in calming my nerves, and at that point I redirected the negative energy. In redirecting that energy, I turned it inward instead of pushing it out! I became angry with myself because I allowed myself to reach a boiling point and I knew I should have known better than to let that happen.besides...I have been teaching people NOT to do this very same thing.

After a deep meditation, I was able to get 90% of that out of my mind and was ready to move forward....only to realize that I had allowed some of that negative energy to manifest in my immediate surroundings! The perception of my anger and shutting down was taken in a way that I was not even close to feeling and it breathed life into frustration from the one I adore. This, of course, just sent the emotions running back through me and I became frustrated again.

My lesson learned: No matter how in control we may think we are....there are moments where we are not so super human! More importantly if we are not careful, our anger may bounce off of us and affect those close to us.

Namaste,

KG

No comments:

Post a Comment