Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Music & My Life

Isn't it funny how music can bring certain remembrances to your life? I was riding around town the other day making sales calls, and I realized that I had my personal music in my work vehicle!

Imagine my joy riding around town listening to what I wanted to instead of what had to! As soon as I popped in the tribute CD to Frankie Beverly, I went to the track "We Are One," sung y Raheem DeVaughn. I had an instant thought of the day I shared this song with my homegirl, and how she - instantly - lit up and began to dance almost uncontrollably started to dance in the passenger seat of the car. The affect that the music had on her made me forget exactly where I first heard the song, but, it made a new memory for me.

As I proceeded down the highway, I flipped on Jill Scott's "lonely Whenever You're Around" and it reminded me of the day I received this CD and headed out of town to Dallas, TX. It was a great trip to celebrate with friends and family, but the purchase of this CD made the long journey there much more pleasant!

There are so many times and songs that I can tell you exactly when I bought it, heard it, or played it! It is amazing how that happens! Music is a gift! I often use it as a motivator, mood enhancer, or just to help me get away! When your day isn't going according to plan...keep a few songs in your repertoire for moments you need a pick me up, a calmer, or just need to forget about your present moment!

I do it all the time! Here's a few that I keep close to me:

1. Count Your Blessings by Damien Marley and Nas
2. Today by Ledisi
3. Mismaloya Beach by Ray Parker Jr. (Yes the Ghostbusters Guy)
4. Far Away by Kindred The Family Soul
5. Get Up Stand Up by Bob Marley
6. F* You by Cee Lo Green
7. Share My Life by Kem


Enjoy,

Peace,
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment